Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Vertica for SQL on Hadoop
To download version 10.0.1, you must first select version 10.0 in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal
The following new key features are available with this version:
- Eon by the Hour on GCP
- Enterprise to Eon migration on HDFS
- Resource Pools by subcluster
- Easy syntax for load balancing across subclusters
- Improved Depot file deletion
- Change Depot size by subcluster and cluster
- Large Cluster Mode for subclusters
- Manage and scale cluster on GCP
- Depot pinning at the subcluster
- Near-linear throughput increase in terms of queries on unsegmented projections
- Select query more stable while concurrent COPY is happening on a separate subcluster
Data Lakes + Complex Types:
- Array support in Verticaâs default delimited parser
- Support Array/ SET types casting
- Support struct columns in subqueries and views
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the latest available version of this product:
|May 31, 2022||Committed Support Ends|
As of version 10.0x, only "Vertica" is listed as a name and no longer "Vertica Express & Premium Edition" and "Vertica for SQL under Hadoop" as individual elements.
This change does not imply changes to the software, but only a name change for consolidation purposes.
Please note that all Vertica customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Vertica 10.0.1.