Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Security ArcSight Smart Connectors
The following are the Key features available for SmartConnectors 8.0.0:
- Significant improvements and new support for AWS and Azure native cloud services, including new connectors for AWS S3 and Security Hub log sources. Security Hub includes AWS GuardDuty events processing. Refer to the Release Notes describing these new features.
- Un-obfuscated parsers are now available on the installation media, bypassing the need to work with Customer Support to get access to these parser definitions.
- Support for the latest releases of Micro Focus Security, Risk and Governance products. Refer to the Support Matrix of each product for applicability.
- Security improvements to the Connector Load Balancer
- Windows Native Connector (WiNC) on a Connector Host Appliance (CHA) can now run in a Windows 2019 Server VM on Gen9 CHAs.
- Connector now supports ZSTD compression, which generally performs better than GZIP, when communicating with Transformation Hub
- A memory profile can be applied to a Connector to start the Connector with tailored memory allocations consistent with the Connectorâs role in the Logger ecosystem
- Platform component version updates supports RHEL 7.8 and current releases of Azul Zulu Java runtime, updated component libraries with up-to-date vulnerability compliance and ciphers
- Miscellaneous bug fixes. Refer to the Release Notes for the specific defects addressed
The Latest 3 versions of Connector Framework 7.14.0, 7.15.0 and 8.0.0 can be found On the Software Entitlement portal: https://entitlement.microfocus.com/mysoftware/iam/home
This release is part of our larger ArcSight 2020.2 release, which marks a significant accomplishment in our mission to make ArcSight more simple, open and intelligent. You can read more about the details of this release, and how it will enable your SOC, in our âArcSightâs Latest and Greatestâ flyer available here: https://www.microfocus.com/media/article/arcsights-latest-and-greatest-article.pdf
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
|Aug 31, 2023||End of Committed Support|
Please note that all ArcSight SDP/ADP and ArcSight Standard Edition customers with active support subscription are eligible to update to ArcSight Smart Connectors version 8.0.0, (https://entitlement.microfocus.com/mysoftware/iam/home)