Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Service Management Automation Suite
The following key new features are available with this version:
Native Software Asset and Configuration Management â
- Optionally connect with Micro Focus UCMDB natively, with new bi-directional data federation (see release notes for specific deployments supported in this release). Includes an improved, graphical, Configuration Item (CI) topology view that leverages the UCMDB configurations
- Note: Current integration method is still supported
- Software Asset Management â directly link to the Device Details page for items synched from UCMDB
- Report Views â new group-based access control for Reports and Views, adding to Private and Public
- Person â new attribute on the Person records the last time the user accessed the tenant
- List â increase allowed custom Lists from 20 to 50
For Service Manager customers using the SMA Service Portal
- Improved user experience when shopping cart disabled
- Delivery Target and Service SLA defined at offering level are available on Service Portal
- Ability to set justification window as mandatory after an action button is clicked
- SMA Service Portal can be deployed in GCP, Azure (AKS), AWS (EKS)
- Hybrid deployment support (Service Manager on-premise, SMA Service Portal in public cloud
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
Please note that all Service Management Automation Suite customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Service Management Automation Suite 2020.05.
Micro Focus is now offering Unit-based licensing for Service Management Automation X. Unit licenses can be used for either Named or Concurrent users and can be adjusted any time from SMAX Suite Administration. SMAX customers with Named or Concurrent licenses can migrate licenses at no additional charge to this new Unit-based SKU. Customers applying SMA Suite licenses to Service Manager should not transition to Units as they do not apply to Service Manager. Please contact your Micro Focus Representative of Micro Focus Business Partner for more information.