To generate the zip file from the client machine, follow these steps:
- Launch the Web browser and enter the server address, as follows: https://<UCMDB Server Host Name or IP>:8443/jmx-console. You may have to log in with a user name and password.
- Under UCMDB, click UCMDB:service=Server Services to open the JMX MBEAN View page.
- Locate the executeServerLogParser operation.
- Enter the start time in the required format.
- (Optional) Enter an end time. If you do not provide an end time, the current time that the JMX method is invoked is used.
- Click Invoke.
When the process has finished, the file can be downloaded from the browser.
- The zip file is also located on the UCMDB server machine as the C:\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\runtime\ParsedLogGrabber_<time>.zip file. For maintenance purposes, this file must be manually deleted.
- The folder C:\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\runtime\log\ParsedLogs_<date> is also created and contains the unzipped contents. For maintenance purposes, this file must be manually deleted.
- In high availability UCMDB deployments, this JMX method is running against one server only.
- Only logs from the same date can be parsed.