This document has not been formally reviewed for accuracy and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
1) Download the 64 bit Oracle client installation (eg win64_11gR2_client.zip) from the Oracle website
2). Install the client, in Administrator mode, on the Data Flow Probe/Integration Service machine
3) Copy oci.dll from the <Oracle Client installation directory> into:
<Probe/Integration Service installation directory>\lib.
4) Restart the Data Flow Probe/Integration Service.
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT STEP NOT YET IN THE AM ADAPTER DOCUMENTATION :
5) On the Data Flow Probe/Integration Service machine, invoke the Net Configuration Assistant
- select Local Net Service Name Configuration
- select Add - and add the name of the Oracle SID that the Integration point will connect to
- Next -
- Add the IP/Host of the machine hosting the Oracle database
- request a Test , making sure that you have added the schema username/password of the oracle database user you are connecting to and the test should pass
- continue selecting Next and then Finish
- At the command prompt on the probe machine - run tnsping <sid> and no error should be returned
The Integration point can then be set up by following the AM Adapter documentation