On some systems TaskManager service is running, but we observe below:
TaskManager service shows Deactive with systemctl:
# systemctl status HPE_PMDB_Platform_TaskManager.service
* HPE_PMDB_Platform_TaskManager.service - HPE Operation Bridge Reporter TaskManager
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/HPE_PMDB_Platform_TaskManager.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: deactivating (stop-sigterm) since Tue 2020-03-31 01:36:32 EDT; 2 days ago
Process: 12211 ExecStop=/opt/HP/BSM/PMDB/bin/HPE_PMDB_Platform_TaskManager stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 18570 ExecStart=/opt/HP/BSM/PMDB/bin//HPE_PMDB_Platform_TaskManager start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 18591 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
When the server is not shutdown cleanly, it can leave zombire processes or not enough memory for the service to run.
Using the SIGTERM command can cause the command-line to hang.
- Ensure Flink is configured correctly according Sizing guide and has appropriate values based of OBR distribution scenario and resources of server
- Check that the /opt/HP/BSM/PMDB/bin/HPE_PMDB_Platform_TaskManager.service has the correct values.
- Verify /usr/lib/systemd/system/HPE_PMDB_Platform_TaskManager.service has correct permissions. In some scenarios not having executable permissions can cause this issue.
- Stop and Start the service as well as check /var/log/messages for TaskManager events.
- Linux Zombie processes can be related to Active: deactivating (stop-sigterm) or not a clean shut down of the server. Rebooting the server could resolve this issue.