This document has not been formally reviewed for accuracy and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
Usually the catalog structure generates confusion amongst customers or support engineers, so this documents provides a simple explanation on how easily understand it.
Catalog structure is not always known by the customer and sometimes the help server might not provide clarity on this.
The easiest way to understand the service catalog structure on SMAX is by levels, so we have:
- Categories: will represent the highest level of the structure, is the grouping name that we will see first on the Service Catalog.
- Service Definitions: each category can contain multiple service definitions, as we should understand them as something to provides value to end users, also as a high-level description of the provided service. A service definition can also group multiple services that are related.
Offerings: is the basic unit and represent the service or item itself, it can be of the following types:
- IT Support Offering. Offering related to support requests.
- IT Service Offering. Offering related to service requests.
- HR Support Offering. Offering related to human resources requests.
Check the attached image for better understanding.
Applies to all SMAX environments.