There is a FATAL message in the PostgreSQL server log file.
FATAL message: bogus data in lock file "/opt/arcsight/logger/current/runtime/.s.PGSQL.XXXX.lock"
The bogus data in lock file is preventing the PostgreSQL service to become available.
1) Stop all ESM services:
/etc/init.d/arcsight_services stop all
2) Confirm that there are no ESM services running:
3) Navigate to the bogus data at /opt/arcsight/logger/current/runtime/ as arcsight user
4) Remove the file (s.PGSQL.XXXX.lock) seen in the error. In this scenario it is .s.PGSQL.1976.lock.
Note: this is a hidden file indicated by a .(dot) in front of the filename. To view if file exist use ls -al
5) Initiate a start on the PostgreSQL service ONLY:
6) Verify that the PostgreSQL service launched successfully:
7) Then start also the other processes:
/sbin/service arcsight_services start all