Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus Security ArcSight Investigate
The following new key features are available with this version:
- Data ingestion performance improvements to the Vertica Kafka Scheduler now support hundreds of thousands of Events-per-Second (EPS) ingestion rates in a multi-node Vertica cluster.
- Vertica ROS pushback issues that were causing pauses during ingestion have been addressed. These issues were caused by DeviceReceiptTime (DRT) being invalid (e.g. weeks in the future or years in the past). A new column called NormalizedEventTime (NET) has been introduced which contains either the valid DRT or the current timestamp when the record was added to Vertica if DRT is considered invalid.
- Significant search speed performance improvements have been achieved
- Database locale now defaults to case sensitive searching, greatly improving search speeds. While your speed increases may vary, testing has shown improvements between 17 times faster on a 3-node Vertica cluster to 164 times faster on a 14-node Vertica cluster.
- Hybrid text indexing improvements, including removal of unnecessary columns, and schema changes.
- More efficient INTEGER column casting results in far less disk storage required for NULL INTEGER values.
- Deployment, configuration and manageability using the Container Deployment Foundation (CDF).
- Greatly improved product stability and manageability over Investigate 2.30 and prior releases.
- Wizard-based Installer - A far-simpler and more intuitive, wizard-based Installer. Fewer initial configuration properties, with appropriate defaults and allows post-deployment reconfigurations.
- Customers can now choose infrastructure size from a single, shared Worker Node to 10 or more nodes.
- Upgrades to Version 3.0.0 and future releases from Version 2.40 and patches/hotfixes are now supported in the CDF Installer, using rolling upgrades through the Master and Worker Nodes in the cluster.
- Installation can use a non-root USER.
- Changing execution parameters results in a rolling stop/restart of cluster pods to enable the new settings.
- Supports FIPS at the OS level
- Completely rewritten documentation. A new CDF Planning Guide used to set up the infrastructure OS, network and storage and a reorganized and rewritten Deployment Guide now contain explicit instructions and more samples and diagrams.
- Platform component version updates now support RHEL 7.7 and CentOS 7.7, and current releases of: Apache Kafka Server and Client libraries, Schema Registry, ZooKeeper, Azul Zulu Java runtime, other component libraries and compliance with up-to-date vulnerabilities
- Supports Brazilian time zone changes
- Support for Vertica 188.8.131.52
- Licensing metrics based on Events per Second (EPS) rates are now supported through Micro Focus AutoPass licensing using a Moving Median EPS over a 45-day period. This helps to smooth EPS processing spikes.
- New online help feature supports context-sensitive help for Investigate web pages
Please note that all ArcSight Investigate customers with active support subscription are eligible to update to ArcSight Investigate 3.0. https://entitlement.microfocus.com/mysoftware/iam/home
Connector Framework 7.12.0, 7.13.0, 7.13 patch 1 and 7.14.0 âThe software can be found on the Software entitlement portal: https://entitlement.microfocus.com/mysoftware/iam/home
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the currently available versions of this product:
Please note that all Micro Focus Security ArcSight Investigate customers with active support contracts are eligible to update to Micro Focus Security ArcSight Investigate 3.0.