Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus Network Operations Management Suite
NOM 2019.05 Release
Incident Management using the new workflow-based UI (Limited Availability â intended for non-production use only):
NOM 2019.05 adds an incident management workflow to the existing compliance management workflow in the new user interface for NOM. This new capability enables a user to easily identify the most urgent open incidents, troubleshoot the issue efficiently, and initiate an automated remediation action to correct a configuration all from a single end to end UI. This capability, that greatly improves mean time to repair and helps prevents network downtime, includes:
- Detailed incident information across the managed infrastructure to help assess impact and urgency.
- An Incident troubleshooting dashboard including default metric information relevant to the specific incident, with ability to configure metrics displayed to provide a single actionable dashboard to resolve an incident efficiently and accelerate mean time to repair.
- Configuration and diagnostic change events overlaid on graphs of troubleshooting metrics to help speed identification of the root cause.
- Incident remediation by deploying user-defined Change Plans in the context of troubleshooting to automate the configuration changes needed to resolve an incident across groups of nodes.
- New REST APIs for the Network Automation and Network Node Manager i backend to support the NOM UI incident management functionality and for orchestration use cases.
- This release provides a direct upgrade path to the 2019.05 classic releases of NA, NNMi, and NOM from versions 10.1x, 10.2x, 10.3x, 2018.08, and 2018.11.
- Save time and skip up to 10 intermediate releases, reduce risk in upgrading and take advantage of a variety of new features, enhancements, and quality improvements.
- The bridge concept provides greater flexibility when upgrading to prevent having to upgrade the operating system, database, Network Performance Server (NPS), NNMi Regional servers, or integrations, including between NNMi and NA.
- Collect Once Store Once (COSO) offers a big data lake for use in reporting, data exploration, and reporting, and is available in this release of NOM.
- COSO will eventually replace NPS included in NNMi and NOM. COSO is used for the new NOM UI, and can also be integrated with Business Value Dashboards (BVD) and your own business intelligence tools.For complete documentation of this release, refer to the NOM 2019.05 release notes.
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
Please note that all Network Operations Management Suite customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Network Operations Management Suite 2019.05.