Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus ArcSight Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP)
ArcSight MSSP v2019.12 is a suite of products that contains the following:
- Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) v7.2
- Logger v7.0
- ArcSight Management Center (ArcMC) v2.93
- Transformation Hub v3.1
- Smart Connectors v7.14.0
The following are the new key features available in the ESM version 7.2:
- Global Event IDs are now supported across the entire ArcSight product family, making it easier than ever to track individual events between ArcSight products.
- Numerous Performance and Stability Improvements including reduced list loading times, rule action performance enhancements, migration from Oracle JDK to OpenJDK and an upgraded MySQL engine.
- Improved integration with ServiceNow allows customers to customize their ServiceNow template.
- Default content available on installation
- MITRE ATT&CK Dashboard showing the correlation between events and the MITRE ATT&CK framework
The following are the new key features available in the Logger version 7.0:
- 24 TB of Event storage per Logger ‚Äď Logger 7.0 will support upto 24TB on software and Gen 10 appliance form factors.
- New Search UI ‚Äď A new UI is introduced for Logger Search with features like, event details, event comparisons, Grid view, Raw event View, Column view, etc. This UI will be available in addition to the Classic Search UI of Logger.
- Search based of event occurred time ‚Äď Starting from Logger 7.0, you can search based on Event occurred time in addition to the event receipt time of Logger.
- EPS Licensing ‚Äď Logger 7.0 is moving to a EPS based license from a GB/day based License.
- Data Science ‚Äď Ability to use Python‚Äôs Data Science/Predictive analytics capabilities with Reporting
- Reporting on ArcSight Investigate ‚Äď Investigate‚Äôs Vertica database can be added as a data source in Logger Reporting, allowing to create reports on Investigate Data.
- IP to GeoMapping ‚Äď Ability to convert IP address to Geo Location and create maps within Reports.
- Out of the Box Content updates
- Bonding/Trunking of NICs for Appliances
- Performance Improvements in Search/Reporting
The following are the new key features available in the ArcSight Management Center (ArcMC) v2.93:
- Platform component version updates now support RHEL 7.7 and CentOS 7.7, and current releases of: Azul Zulu Java runtime, other component libraries and compliance with up-to-date vulnerabilities
- Supports Brazilian time zone changes
- The Connector Host Appliance (CHA) now supports Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) Gen10 hardware appliances on RHEL 7.7
- Now supports EPS-based licensing metrics for Transformation Hub
The following are the new key features available in the Transformation Hub v3.1:
- Upgrades to Version 3.1.0 and future releases from Version 3.0.0 and patches/hotfixes are now supported in the native CDF Installer, using rolling upgrades through the Master and Worker Nodes in the cluster.
Platform component version updates now support RHEL 7.7 and CentOS 7.7, and current releases of: Apache Kafka Server and Client libraries, Schema Registry, ZooKeeper, Azul Zulu Java runtime, other component libraries and compliance with up-to-date vulnerabilities
Supports Brazilian time zone changes
- During Transformation Hub deployment, container pods that have dependencies on the startup of other pods are now serialized, minimizing deployment issues
- A new configuration property now allows disabling plain-text port communication
The following are the new key features available in the Smart Connectors v7.14.0:
More connectors, more support, and more mapping with the MITRE ATT&CK Matrix ‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč
- New Connectors with McAfee and Microsoft
- Enhanced log support for existing connectors
- Mapping with MITRE ATT&CK Matrix
Please note all Managed Security Service Provider Platform (MSSP) customers with active support subscription are eligible to update to the latest Managed Security Service Provider Platform Version 2019.12:
Connector Framework 7.12.0, 7.13.0, 7.13 patch 1 and 7.14.0 ‚ÄďThe software can be found on the Software entitlement portal:
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):