Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus Operations Bridge Suite Software
The following key new features are available with this version:
- OBM Event Management Command Line Interface (CLI) to set ad hoc downtime exclusions using context menu, and manage Audit and Service deactivation
- Removal of Apache Struts from OBM, replacement of several OBM user interface technology with HTML5.
- AWS Management Packs: Assume Role Authentication with Azure Generic Service monitoring and improvements
- Azure Management Packs: Generic Azure service monitoring
- New Prometheus Connector for Kubernetes topology streaming to COSO Data Lake
- New AppManager Connector for AppManager metrics streaming to COSO Date Lake
- SiteScope content enhancements to WinRM Linux based monitoring for Windows servers, Vertica monitor, and Apache Kafka monitor
- Configure retention period of BPM data in COSO Data Lake
- EA Multi-node event grouping based on user defined Configuration Item (CI) collections
- EA user provided feedback on automated event constellations (pattern blacklist)
- EA enhanced automated event analytics pattern detection
- New infrastructure reports with agent and agent-less (SiteScope) data sources
- Out-of-the box Digital Experience Monitoring (DEM)availability and performance reports, with hourly and daily aggregation of DEM data
- All use of Flex technology has been removed from APM
- BPM User Interfaces updated to HTML5 technology: 360ï¹¾ View and Reports in APM 9.52
- Updates in SiteScope 2019.11:
- Ability to launch SiteScope local client from the APM local client
- SiteScope local client now supports Global Search and Replace, and Copy & Paste
- SiteScope Rest API monitor enhancement now supports token caching
- New Data Center Automation (DCA) integration with OBM for event forwarding and compliance/vulnerability KPIs
- Operations Bridge added support for RedHat Enterprise Linux 8 and Oracle 19c RAC for OBM classic release
- Added support for Oracle 19c RAC for container-deployment release
- Operations Bridge support for the latest Container Deployment Foundation (CDF) version, CDF 2019.11
- Operations Bridge support for running Fire Fox version 68 Extended Support Release across entire Operations Bridge suite
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
Please note that all Operations Bridge Suite customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Operations Bridge Suite 2019.11.
As of July 15th, 2019, we have introduced a new Unit based licensing structure for Operations Bridge. This same Unit base structure also now applies to our Application Performance Management (APM) products including:
- SiteScope (SiS)
- Business Process Monitoring (BPM)
- Real User Monitoring (RUM)
The reason weâve put this Unit based structure into place is to extend more business value to our customers.
Under this new license structure, you can enhance the value of your existing investments with access to:
- Extended capabilities for infrastructure monitoring
- End user experience monitoring
- Our new fully containerized common data store platform - Collect Once Store Once (COSO)
- Enhance reporting and analytics functions via COSO
- Business Value Dashboards
We know that you probably have some questions, and we are certainly available to help answer those. Please contact your Micro Focus Account Representative or Micro Focus Business Partner for more information. We look forward to hearing from you soon.