Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus Data Protector Software
Version: 10.60 (2019.12)
Languages: English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
The following key new features are available with this version:
Data Protector follows the principles of Agile Development and releases customer-centered innovation every three months. Check back to see new enhancements to our products from quarter to quarter. And please provide us feedback on what you'd like to see in future releases through our Idea Exchange.
Data Protector 2019.12 provides you an option to enable the Common Criteria Certification mode for enhanced security. The following configurations are supported:
- Store INET private keys in Windows certificate store.
- Store Application Server certificate in Windows certificate store and enable FIPS mode for Application Server.
- Enable Platform encryption (Windows DP-API) to encrypt the KMS keystore files
Reporting server license - The Reporting Server license allows you to browse the Data Protector reports by using the DP GUI or a Web browser. You can browse all the available Web reports for any Cell Manager. The following conditions apply:
- Each Cell Manager can use only one license.
- In case of Central Licensing with the Manager-of-Managers, you must assign more than one value for the license.
- New options in omnicc command âYou can now use the omnicc command to view a list of hosts that are using the online licenses. You can also calculate total protected data for full backups beyond last 90 days.
Block-based Backup for File Systems
- Block-based backup allows protection of large file systems by reading block data from disk instead of addressing on a file-by-file basis. This greatly enhances backup performance and reduces backup runtime. In this release we focus on Windows NTFS file systems and full backup. Users can restore down to individual files and folders. Instant Recovery support for Dell-EMC Unity and NetApp storage systems
- Storage System integration agents have been improved to support instant recovery and remote replication capabilities. Main focus is on RTO improving the way large data-sets can be restored in the fastest possible time.
MySQL and PostgreSQL agent enhancements
- Enhanced MySQL and PostgreSQL agents add the ability to show the state of a database while backup configuration, backup and restore activity. It also allows to automatically stop/start a database in preparation for restore
Improved DP GUI Dashboard and Scheduler
- The DP Web GUI Dashboard has been overhauled for better usability by providing more and customizable overview of the backup environment. The Web-Scheduler offers new sorting and filtering capabilities aiming at large environment configuration where overview is key. Advanced configuration items can be hidden if not needed for ease of use.
The Virtual environment integration with VMware is enhanced to include the following:
- Supports Power On and Live Migrate for VMs residing on vSAN 6.6.1 and 6.7 platform.
- Supports vCenter and VCSA 6.7 U3.
- VDDK 6.7 U3 is packaged with Data Protector 2019.12.
- Supports VDDK API, VixDiskLib_QueryAllocatedBlocks() which backs up only used blocks during a full disk backup. It is supported on vSphere 6.7 and later versions.
Data Protector - Nutanix AHV integration
- Data Protector offers a script-based solution for administrators to perform backup and restore of VMs residing on Nutanix AHV infrastructure. The Nutanix AHV Solution for DP is available in the Micro Focus ITOM Marketplace
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
Please note that all Data Protector customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Micro Focus Data Protector version 10.60 (2019.12).