Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus Robotic Process Automation
The following key new features are available with this version:
RPA Recording Experience
- Terminal Emulation (TE) support: The RPA recorder can now record and run terminal emulator actions. Supported emulators include MicroFocus (including Attachmate), IBM, Rocket, Hummingbird, Putty and others.
- UI Automation: The RPA recorder now supports the UI Automation mode, which helps you identify objects in your application when UFT's regular object identification support is not sufficient for your needs.
Additional RPA Recording enhancements
- You can now set outputs at any given moment during a recording with live highlighting of captured item.
- RPA now provides better highlighting for outputs in the recorder bar.
- The object repository now enables versioning under GIT for additional RPA recorder project files. It also expands editing, creating and deploying options.
RPA Designer Experience
- Importing UFT scripts: Previously recorded UFT scripts can now be imported into RPA Designer and included in RPA workflows. These imported scripts are read only and cannot be edited within RPA itself.
- Built-in Debugger: RPA workflows can now be debugged within the Designer.
- Enhance Object Identification logic: RPA now provides the ability to modify or enhance object identification logic in RPA scripts recorded using the RPA recorder
Additional RPA Designer enhancements
- Users can now add a wait action to RPA Recorder sessions.
- Users can now better control record and replay options on existing recordings.
- Worker groups are now supported for do_external steps.
- Licensing in RPA is now enforced via AutoPass.
- An AutoPass server must now be installed to properly license RPA.
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
Please note that all Robotic Process Automation customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Robotic Process Automation 2019.11