Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus SecureData EC Simple API/CL Linux
Micro Focus SecureData EC Simple API/CL Windows
Micro Focus SecureData Enterprise Clients OSB
The following new key features are available with this version:
Safe Unicode FPE
- Extended support for Unicode through a predefined Variable Length String (VLS) format
FPE2 for all formats
- FPE2 and eFPE2 can be used for all format types and provides support for extended Latin and Japanese characters.
FPH for all formats
- Support for FPH for all formats, extending beyond VLS.
Tweak Support for FPE
- It is possible to specify tweak values when performing FPE protect and access operations, providing unique ciphertext output to identical protect operations.
Masking Support for FPE
- Configurable portions of recovered plaintext can be masked with a generic character, such as an âxâ. As an example, this means a clear text credit card could be displayed with the first digits displayed as the letter x and the last 4 digits in the clear.
New Default Net-Empty Behavior
- Plaintext to be protected and ciphertext to be accessed is deemed net-empty when it contains no protectable characters. Previous versions of Simple API treated this as an error condition, forcing client code to handle it as a special case.
Configurable Network Timeout
- Provides the ability to override the default network timeout of 10 seconds to a longer timeout
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
|Nov 30, 2022||End of Committed Support|
Please note that all Micro Focus SecureData Enterprise Simple API customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Micro Focus SecureData Enterprise Simple API 6.0.