Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus Universal CMDB Foundation (UCMDB) Software
Languages: English, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese and Spanish
The following new key features are available with this version:
- E2E flow for building queries, views and reports in Query Designer
- IP and credential management via CMS UI
- Content Deployment simulation mode
- Generic external credential vault integration with configurations for CyberArk and Hashicorp
- Enterprise support for PostgreSQL as UCMDB DB
- REST APIs for deployment of content
- Support for UCMDB and Probe hosted on RHEL8
Discovery and Integration content:
- Nutanix hyper-converged virtualization discovery
- Azure Discovery for Inventory
- External vault integration with AWS
- Discovery of Amazon Linux OS
- Oracle LMS 1.32
- Support for SAM integration
- 64-bit macOS agent and support for macOS 10.15
- Linux support for Local Client
- Support for EMC Unity storage
- Cloud discovery
- Discovery of SQL Server 2019, Oracle RAC 19c, JBoss v17Glassfish v5, F5 v15/16, DB2 v11.5, Netapp storage v10
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
|Nov 30, 2023||End of Committed Support|
|Nov 30, 2025||End of Extended Support|
|Nov 30, 2029||End of Self-Help Support|
Please note that all Universal Discovery/Universal CMDB Foundation (UCMDB) customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Universal Discovery/Universal CMDB Foundation (UCMDB) 2019.11.
Version 2 Units for Universal Discovery
As of July 1, 2019, Micro Focus introduced a new version of the Unit-based license for Universal Discovery. These licenses are termed âVersion 2 Unitsâ. This new form of the unit provides terms that are equivalent to what was available with the previous OSI-based license. These terms are as follows
- Advanced Discovery of Servers â 1 Unit
- Basic Discovery of Servers â 0.1 Unit
- Workstation Discovery â 0.1 Unit
- Container Discovery â 0.1 Unit
- There is no longer any charge for discovery of network and storage devices.
The updated license documentation representing these changes is available online
With the release of CMS 2019.11, only Version 2 units are supported. Customers who previously exchanged their OSI-based licenses to the Version 1 units will be required to exchange them again for the Version 2 unit before they upgrade to CMS 2019.11. This exchange can be performed as part of your annual support renewal or can be implemented ad hoc via a License Exchange Agreement. Contact email@example.com to request this license exchange.
Oracle LMS 1.32
The Oracle Verified audit discovery provided by Universal Discovery has been updated with required changes from Oracle. Customers of any previous version of Oracle LMS must use this 1.32 version for any audits that occur September 1, 2019 or later.
The deployment of this Oracle LMS 1.32 package will occur automatically with the installation or upgrade to CMS 2019.11 when included with CP 2019.11, or by deploying the Oracle LMS 1.32 package itself found at the ITOM Marketplace for Universal Discovery Content Packs.