Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Vertica for SQL on Hadoop
The end of support dates for the Vertica Express & Premium Edition 8.0x where incorrectly stated on the first announcement, they have been corrected to reflect the proper dates.
The following new key features are available with this version:
Improvements for Eon Mode include:
- Faster, simpler scaling enabled by new secondary node type
- Ease of use and improved isolation from new Sub-Cluster syntax
- Improved control and tuning of the Depot
- Supporting update and deletes on Live Aggregate Projections
- Python SDK now supports multi-phase transform functions
- External tables can read struct data types in Parquet and ORC
- Upgraded to Python 3
- Upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.x (9.3.0 is not FIPS 140-2 compliant)
- Upgraded to Spread 5
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
|Oct 31, 2021||End of Committed Support|
|Oct 31, 2023||End of Extended Support|
|Oct 31, 2027||End of Self-Help Support with Rights to New Versions|
Please note that all Vertica customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Vertica 9.3.