Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus Data Protector Software
Version: 10.50 (2019.08)
Languages: English, French, Japanese and Simplified Chinese
The following new key features are available with this version:
Best-in-class Platform and Cloud Integrations
- Zero Downtime Backup (ZDB) for Dell Unity Storage Systems enables Data Protector to leverage array-based snapshots to quickly and efficient back up filesystems, SQL, VMware, and Oracle hosted on Dell EMC Unity storage systems.
- Enhanced MySQL agent: list and restore individual databases and tables to a MySQL instance providing users flexibility on the restore, back up and restore high-availability clusters in MySQL environments.
Orchestration, Automation and Monitoring
- Advanced Reporting and Analytics: Backup Navigator 2019.08 adds support for Data Protector 2019.08 and includes some usability improvements.
- Data Protector System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Management Pack: New Management Pack agent provides integration with Microsoft System Center to view Data Protector related information. It continuously monitors the health and state of Data Protector components in the same domain or cross domain and detects issues that impact backup and recovery operations.
Enterprise Scale and Security
- Secure backup and restore: Improved security as a result of white hat penetration testing including handling storage credentials securely and consistently, OpenJDK update to benefit from the latest Java fixes, IDB recovery restriction to Data Protector administrators only, OpenSSL security enhanced to include additional cryptographic modes and more.
Note: Data Protector 2019.08 supports running Cell Managers and Installation Servers on various versions of Windows Server, Linux. Micro Focus has ended support for Windows Server 2008R2 and HP-UX in this release; Micro Focus will continue to support HP-UX 11.31 for Cell Managers on Data Protector 2019.05 and earlier, in accordance with the stated support policies and will provide migration tools to assist customers in moving from HP-UX to either Linux or Windows
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
|Sep 30, 2022||End of Committed Support|
|Sep 30, 2024||End of Extended Support|
|Sep 30, 2028||End of Self-Help Support with Rights to New Versions|
Please note that all Data Protector customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Micro Focus Data Protector version 10.50 (2019.08).