The Elasticsearch 6.6.0 (elasticsearch-service-x64) service terminated unexpectedly
Examine the Windows Event Viewer logs (System).
The error "The Elasticsearch 6.6.0 (elasticsearch-service-x64) service terminated unexpectedly" exists
The likely cause is a missing "elasticsearch" folder in the %temp% folder
- Open a cmd prompt as admin
- Navigate to the <elastic_install_location>\bin
- Type: elasticsearch-service-x64.exe
- Hit enter. ElasticSearch will try to start
- Note the error that is likely to occur: ERROR: Temporary file directory [<drive>\<path>\elasticsearch] does not exist or is not accessible
- In the path in the error create the folder "elasticsearch"
Then start the ElasticSearch service