Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus Adaptive Backup Recovery Suite Premium Edition, Ultimate Edition
Languages: English, French, , Japanese, Simplified Chinese
The following new key features are available with this version:
- Zero Downtime Backup (ZDB) for NetApp SnapMirror with ONTAP 9.x enables Data Protector to leverage array-based replication to back up filesystems and SQL, VMware and Oracle databases providing fast and efficient backups for both primary and secondary NetApp storage systems
- Comprehensive support matrix: Support for PostgreSQL clustering allows users to back up and restore multi-master high-availability clusters in PostgreSQL environments
- H3C CAS virtualization enhancements include support for Incremental and differential backup; restore to new Virtual Machine and Changed Block Tracking
- Performance improvements in terms of response times for the Web-based Graphical User Experience (GUI) by changing from IE to Chromium provides a better user experience
- Secure backup and restore: Improved security as a result of white hat penetration testing and National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) pre-check testing
- Installation and upgrade improvements include enhancements to the installation pre-check, improved pre-check conditions and Multi-NIC handling along with general application server improvements.
- Enhanced integrated reporting provides support for Ubuntu for reporting server installations. Furthermore, detailed problem description and recommended actions for substantial number of DP errors providing faster discovery of root causes for backup failures leading to a quicker resolution
- Backup Navigator 10.40 supports Data Protector 10.40 and includes data collection performance and scalability improvements
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. You will need your Software Passport login and password to access the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the currently available versions of this product:
Please note that all Adaptive Backup and Recovery Suite Premium & Ultimate Edition customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Adaptive Backup and Recovery Suite Premium & Ultimate Editions version 2019.05. Data Protector 10.40 (2019.05)