This document has not been formally reviewed for accuracy and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
The following key new features are available with this version:
Vertica in Eon Mode:
- Full backup and restore
- Capability to create snapshots of your database (called branches)
- âIn Vertica in Eon Mode, provision and review a branch from an S3 bucket
- When provisioning an AWS cluster, additional customizations
- Support for live aggregate projections on flattened tables
- Hadoop integration improvements
- Enhanced load balancing
- Complex data types, such as structs, in extended external tables
- New open source Python Vertica client, available on GitHub, with improvements and bug fixes
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. You will need your Software Passport login and password to access the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the currently available versions of this product:
|Product version||End of Committed Support||End of Extended Support||End of Self-Help Support with RTNV|
|Vertica 9.2||Dec 30, 2020||Dec 30, 2022||Dec 30, 2026|
|Vertica 9.1||Apr 30, 2020||Apr 30, 2022||Apr 30, 2026|
|Vertica 9.0||Oct 31, 2019||Oct 31, 2021||Oct 31, 2025|
|Vertica 8.1||Apr 30, 2019||Apr 30,2021||Apr 30, 2025|
|Vertica 8.0||Sep 30, 2019||Sep 30, 2021||Sep 30, 2025|
Please note that all Vertica customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Vertica 9.2.