This document has not been formally reviewed for accuracy and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus Service Management Automation Suite
Service Management Automation 2018.05 release continues bundling latest version of Service Manager 9.60, and Configuration Management System 2018.05 in one suite, which provides following new features:
CMS 2018.05 release features:
- Improves the data quality of your CMS by enabling you to analyze data-in using the reconciliation analyzer
- Presents you with the UCMDB Local Client tool, which enables you to launch the administrative GUI of a target UCMDB server as a desktop application, without the need for the Oracle JVM installed on that desktop, and the tool is available for use on all supported versions of UCMDB.
- Added support for SAML authentication on CMS UI. Additionally, SAML logout is enabled on both UCMDB Server and CMS UI
- Added capability to enable sending integration reports via emails for easy monitoring of integration status and troubleshooting integration issues
- Improved the ability to troubleshoot issues with integrations by adding the capability to generate separate log files based on the integration point names for each integration point
- New and extended discovery, including new discovery for Kubernetes, improvements to existing VMware discovery, support for PowerCMD across a wider range of discovery jobs, new versions for the discovered applications (including Pivotal Cloud Foundry), and other general improvements
In addition, there are other new cutting-edge features introduced in this release for the container-based version, including:
- SMAX Studio which allows you to create new service management applications in the suite, including forms, workflow and business rules
- SMAX user option filtering and reporting capabilities
- Numerous portal enhancements like Added support for certain SM variables, ability for end users to accept/reject support requests and added support for launching URLs through widgets
- Mobile app enhancements like native dynamic form support for SMAX and native notifications for iOS
- Enhanced ChatOps for SMAX
Enhanced enterprise readiness, including:
- New in-place update with âminimum downtimeâ for SMA-SM and SMAX
- Added support for deploying SMAX on Azure public cloud
- Embedded Postgres HA with backup/restore capabilities for Service Portal (Mixed mode-SM)
- Improved stability for suite services
- Improved SMAX deployment on AWS with multiple availability zone (AZ) support
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. You will need your Software Passport login and password to access the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
Please note that all Service Management Automation customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Micro Focus Service Management Automation 2018.05.