This document has not been formally reviewed for accuracy and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus Data Center Automation Suite Express
Micro Focus Data Center Automation Suite Premium
Micro Focus Data Center Automation Suite Ultimate
Data Center Automation Suite Express Edition version 2018.05 includes solutions to drive operational efficiency throughout your data center.
Data Center Automation Suite Premium Edition version 2018.05 contains the following new features:
Static patching for Linux and Windows
- ‚ÄčDCA on Containers updates the specific patches for RHEL and Windows Server operating systems.
- Administrators determine the specific patches that need to be updated.
- Windows server reboots can be defined in re-usable policies, enabling automated rebooting based on administrator preferences.
Enhanced user experience
- ‚ÄčLaunch a specific OO flow from the DCA UI targeting selected Resource Types (Linux, RHEL, Oracle, ‚Ä¶) ‚Äď enabling administrators to drive workflows and actions on DCA managed resources.
- Resources can be viewed with respect to their patch status.
- More secure DCA infrastructure communications using certificates.
- ‚ÄčDCA platform infrastructure support to enable upgrades from version 2018.05 to future DCA release.
- Backup and restore of DCA databases and configurations to enable restoration of a damaged DCA component or entire environment.
- Improved system throughput, with horizontal scale supporting up to 800 concurrent jobs.
- ‚ÄčDCA on Containers now supports Windows 2016, SUSE 12, Ubuntu 14, Oracle 12 and SQL Server 2014/2016 CIS compliance and remediation benchmarks.
- PCI compliance is extended to Oracle 12
- ‚ÄčChat support is now built into the Container Deployment Foundation (CDF), a shared component across all ITOM suites, providing a common Chat experience for all ITOM suite users.
Data Center Automation Suite Ultimate Edition version 2018.05 includes solutions to drive operational efficiency throughout your data center.
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. You will need your Software Passport login and password to access the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
Please note that all Data Center Automation Suite customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Micro Focus Data Center Automation Suite 2018.05.