Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Micro Focus Operations Agent
Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
The following key new features are available with this version:
Micro Focus Operations Agent and Infrastructure SPI 12.06 contains the Pull Based Certificate and Policy Configuration capability and additional important enhancements and select defect fixes details of which is listed below.
Pull Based Certificate and Policy Configuration
- The Pull based Certificate and Policy Configuration capability, enables Certificate and Policy configuration on Micro Focus Operations Agents (OA), which have only an outbound communication with the Micro Focus Operations Bridge Manager (OBM) Server.
- The Operations Agent when configured to operate in the âPULLâ mode, works with the OBM server, to pull the Certificates, Policies and associated artifacts like Instrumentation and Parameters, over an outbound connection to the OBM server. This obviates the need to use an RCP (the OA Reverse Channel Proxy Component) and enables seamless communication between OA and OBM.
- This enhancement is particularly useful for a Hybrid, Cloud and On-Prem, deployment scenario, where outbound only communication is a norm.
- The Pull based Certificate configuration is supported by a new, token based, automated Certificate exchange capability that also makes the automation of setting up secure communication easier.
OA Health View authentication enhancement.
- The Health View component of OA enables centralized and simple monitoring of Operations Agents in a monitored environment. The enhancement to Health View authentication, now enables users across multiple OUs, in OpenLDAP or Microsoft AD to login to the application. The original restriction, that enforced log-in users to be in the same OU as the bind user, is now removed
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from Software Support Online).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. You will need your Software Passport login and password to access the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our Software Support Online Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
Please note that all Micro Focus Operations Agent and Infrastructure SPI, Performance Agent, GlancePlus and GlancePlus Pak customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Micro Focus Operations Agent and Infrastructure SPI 12.06, Performance Agent 12.06, GlancePlus 12.06 and GlancePlus Pak 12.06.