For planning the OMi 10.xx install/upgrade, do I need to upgrade BSM - APM, SiteScope,
Operations Bridge Reporter or other components at the same time? Or can this be
managed in phases?
The upgrade can be managed in phases. For example OMi 10.xx integrates with an older BSM - APM
9.2x system (earlier than BSM - APM 9.25) and can also be connected to older versions of SiteScope.
However, the latest versions of these products provide additional features that are not available with
previous versions. For example, BSM - APM 9.25 provides additional capabilities:
- Synchronization of status with OMi 10.xx.
- Out-of-the-box topology synchronization with OMi10.xx.
- Ability to synchronize downtime with OMi10.xx.
- Ability to integrate specific APM MyBSM components directly within the OMi10.0x UI workspace.
- Performance graphing of APM collected metrics (BPM, Real User Monitor, SiteScope,
Service Health Reporter 9.4x or Operations Bridge Reporter 10.xx add support for collecting data from
OMi 10.xx and one or more APM systems using a single OBR instance. Previous versions of
Operations Bridge Reporter do not have the OMi 10.xx specific extract, transform and load (ETL)
configurations. Therefore, data collection from OMi10.xx is not possible. Also, it gathers performance data directly from SiteScope servers. Using SiteScope 11.22 or higher directly integrated with OMi enables streaming performance data to OMi, continuously updating performance charts within OMi.