Starting from version 12.55.4, it is possible to share licenses for Octane in ALM.
Customers whose trial period in Octane has ended and have a working ALM environment with sufficient licenses, can allocate some of their available licenses to Octane. This is an alternative to procuring and deploying stand-alone Octane license.<script> </script>
Sharing licenses between ALM and Octane requires exact following of the instructions in the online documentation. However, if sharing still does not work, please verify the following points:
- Verify that ALM is of supported version. Currently 12.21 and 12.55 are supported. Version 12.53 is supported with [LabelStart][LabelEnd]. Any other version - need to upgrade ALM first before license sharing
- Make sure the special project for Octane in ALM.NET is defined properly (in the form of DOMAIN/PROJECT) and without spelling mistakes in OCTANE_INTEGRATION_PROJECT_NAME site parameter
- There is connectivity between Octane and ALM, i.e. Octane is able to reach ALM via http/s.
- The user defined in octane.yml is indeed a valid user in ALM and it has project admin access to the special project for Octane
- This integration user should have a password defined
- If curl is installed, then you may check the connectivity and login using this command â just replace with actual server and user data:
curl -X POST \
-H 'cache-control: no-cache' \
-H 'content-type: application/xml' \
- (optional) If ALM is installed in secure environment (uses https), deploy proper certificates on the Octane server side.