Document ID: KM02993626 (c05157423)
Release Date: 2016-05-31
Last Updated: 2016-07-08
Potential Security Impact: Remote Code Execution, Denial of Service (DoS)
Source: Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HPE Product Security Response Team
Several potential security vulnerabilities have been identified in HPE LoadRunner and Performance Center. These vulnerabilities could be exploited remotely to allow code execution, and Denial of Service (DoS).
- CVE-2016-4359 (PSRT110020, ZDI-CAN-3516)
- CVE-2016-4360 (PSRT110032, ZDI-CAN-3555)
- CVE-2016-4361 (SSRT102274)
SUPPORTED SOFTWARE VERSIONS*: ONLY impacted versions are listed.
- HPE LoadRunner Software v11.52 up to and including patch 3
- HPE LoadRunner Software v12.00 up to and including patch 1
- HPE LoadRunner Software v12.01 up to and including patch 3
- HPE LoadRunner Software v12.02 up to and including patch 2
- HPE LoadRunner Software v12.50 up to and including patch 3
- HPE Performance Center v11.52 up to and including patch 3
- HPE Performance Center v12.00 up to and including patch 1
- HPE Performance Center v12.01 up to and including patch 3
- HPE Performance Center v12.20 up to and including patch 2
- HPE Performance Center v12.50 up to and including patch 1
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise thanks Tenable Network Security for working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative (ZDI) for reporting CVE-2016-4359 and CVE-2016-4360 to email@example.com
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise thanks Tenable Network Security for reporting CVE-2016-4361 to firstname.lastname@example.org
HPE has released following mitigation information to resolve the vulnerabilities for the impacted versions of LoadRunner and Performance Center:
LoadRunner v11.52 and Performance Center v11.52:
LoadRunner v12.00 and Performance Center v12.00:
LoadRunner v12.01 and Performance Center v12.01:
LoadRunner v12.02 and Performance Center v12.20:
LoadRunner v12.50 and Performance Center v12.50:
Version:1 (rev.1) - 31 May 2016 Initial release
Version:2 (rev.2) - 8 July 2016 Added KM link in Resolution section for LR v11.52 and PC v11.52
Third Party Security Patches: Third party security patches that are to be installed on systems running Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) software products should be applied in accordance with the customer's patch management policy.
Support: For issues about implementing the recommendations of this Security Bulletin, contact normal HPE Services support channel. For other issues about the content of this Security Bulletin, send e-mail to email@example.com.
Report: To report a potential security vulnerability with any HPE supported product, send Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe: To initiate a subscription to receive future HPE Security Bulletin alerts via Email:http://www.hpe.com/support/Subscriber_Choice
Security Bulletin Archive: A list of recently released Security Bulletins is available here:http://www.hpe.com/support/Security_Bulletin_Archive
Software Product Category: The Software Product Category is represented in the title by the two characters following HPSB.
3C = 3COM
3P = 3rd Party Software
GN = HP General Software
HF = HP Hardware and Firmware
MU = Multi-Platform Software
NS = NonStop Servers
OV = OpenVMS
PV = ProCurve
ST = Storage Software
UX = HP-UX
System management and security procedures must be reviewed frequently to maintain system integrity. HP is continually reviewing and enhancing the security features of software products to provide customers with current secure solutions.
"HP is broadly distributing this Security Bulletin in order to bring to the attention of users of the affected HP products the important security information contained in this Bulletin. HP recommends that all users determine the applicability of this information to their individual situations and take appropriate action. HP does not warrant that this information is necessarily accurate or complete for all user situations and, consequently, HP will not be responsible for any damages resulting from user's use or disregard of the information provided in this Bulletin. To the extent permitted by law, HP disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement."