BSM Connector for SCOM Topology error - "not enough reconciliation data" error in RTSM
In case this error is seen, and to resolve this error, do the following:
1. Open the BSMC UI
2. Deactivate the policy »HP BSM Connector for Microsoft SCOM 2.0 - Topology Integration«
3. Stop the »HP BSM Connector« windows service.
4. Stop the connectors via »ovc« (within the Command Prompt type: ovc –stop IA )
5. In the file explorer open folder »%BSMC_HOME%\discovery\hsqldb\«
6. Remove all contents of that folder, but NOT the folder itself.
7. Remove all contents of the subfolders in the %bsmc_home%\cache folder. Do not delete the subfolders.
8. Rename the %BSMC_HOME%\logs folder, (for example to "logs_old" - new one will be created once the HP BSM Connector service was restarted.
9. Optionally rename the file %OvDatadir%\datafiles\HPSCOMIntegration\output\SCOMAlerts.xml (so that the old file won't be overwritten)
10. Start the HP BSM Connector service.
11. Open the BSMC UI again and in the BSM Connector policy list open the "HP BSM Connector for Microsoft ! SCOM 2.0 - Topology Integration" policy for editing
12. In the Topology tab, change the following settings:
Bulking Strategy. Identify the line that configures the bulking strategy and change the string structural to standard:
Maximum Bulk Size. After the line that configures the bulking strategy, insert the following line:
13. Save the changes and re-activate the policy.
Additional note : If the topology consists of more than 3,000 CIs and also includes Cluster CIs, the initial topology mapping may fail. Topology synchronization chunks Cluster CIs and the corresponding relations to Node or Cluster Resource Group CIs into several bulks if the number of CIs and CI relations exceeds 3,000.)