How to use the new algorithm introduced in QCCR1A172814 (database with growth on a mountpoint) for metric 3278.
Metric M278_FileGrpUsedSpacePct is based upon DBSPI-MSS-15min collector policy, coming under the area of space calculation. It calculates percentage of space used in each file group for each database.
Metric 278 has been Enhanced/updated with the following points.
1. A new flag MSSQLDB_GROWTH_ON_MOUNTPOINT introduced as part of new ER for calculating values on growth on a mount point.
2. MSSQLDB_GROWTH_ON_MOUNTPOINT ON flag should be set inside \usr\OV\dbspi\defaults file to use the new algorithm.
3. Version check has been introduced to check the MSSQL version greater than 10.50.1600.1 (SQL Server version 2008 R2) to be able to execute the new algorithm for calculating values on mount point.
4. If SQL Server version is 10.50.2500.0 (2008 R2 SP1) or later and the flag is ON, the collector will make use of the new algorithm. Otherwise the default algorithm will be used for metric calculation.
5. By default, metric will use the old algorithm for metric calculation if the flag is not set.
6. Filters are added as part of new algorithm.