Important: For the newest version of this integration, please see Integration ID #622
The agent implementation of the HP NNMi-HPOM integration is the preferred solution for integrating HP Operations Manager (OM) with HP Network Node Manager i (NNMi) software.
The agent implementation of the HP NNMi-HPOM integration forwards NNMi management events as SNMPv2c traps to an HP Operations agent on the NNMi management server. The agent filters the NNMi traps and forwards them to the HPOM active messages browser. The agent configuration determines which HPOM management server receives the forwarded incident.
The HP NNMi-HPOM integration can also forward the SNMP traps that NNMi receives to the agent. The integration does not forward events generated by NNM 6.x or 7.x management stations to the agent.
The HP NNMi-HPOM integration also provides for accessing the NNMi console from within HPOM.
The agent implementation of the HP NNMi-HPOM integration consists of the following components:
- nnmi-hpom agent integration module
- nnmopcexport.ovpl tool
The HP NNMi-HPOM integration provides event consolidation in the HPOM active messages browser for the network management, system management, and application management domains, so that HPOM users can detect and investigate potential network problems.
The primary features of the integration are as follows:
- Automatic incident forwarding from NNMi to the HP Operations agent. Forwarded incidents appear in the HPOM active messages browser.
- Access to the NNMi console from HPOM.
- HPOM users can open the NNMi Incident form in the context of a selected message.
- HPOM users can launch an NNMi view (for example, the Layer 2 Neighbor view) in the context of a selected message and node.
- HPOM users can launch an NNMi tool (for example, status poll) in the context of a selected message and node.
NNMi and HPOM must be installed on separate computers. The NNMi management server and the HPOM management server computer can be of the same or different operating systems.
The HP Operations agent requires a license and must be installed on the NNMi management server computer after NNMi installation.
Documentation for this integration can be found using the following links:
- HP Operations Manager Administrator's Reference v9.10 for UNIX and Linux (see Chapter 5 NNMi and HPOM on page 259)
- HP Operations Manager on Linux Administrator's Reference v9.01 (see Chapter 5 NNMi and HPOM on page 228)
- HP Operations Manager for UNIX Administrator's Reference v9.00 (see Chapter 6 Integrating NNMi into HPOM on page 259)
Additional documentation for HP Software, as well as this integration, can be found using the following link:
Use the portal to do a name search that will allow you to match up the integration components with their respective manuals. For example, if the integration includes Demand Management, searching for "Demand Management" allows you to see all the relevant guides.
|Operations Manager for UNIX|
|Network Node Manager i software|
For an older version of this integration, please see Integration ID #657
Generated: 6/11/2018 4:44:38 AM