The agent implementation of the HPE NNMi-HPOM integration forwards NNMi management events as SNMPv2c traps to an HPE Operations agent on the NNMi management server. The agent filters the NNMi traps and forwards them to the HPOM active messages browser. The agent configuration determines which HPOM management server receives the forwarded incident.
The HPE NNMi-HPOM integration can also forward the SNMP traps that NNMi receives to the agent.
The HPE NNMi-HPOM integration also provides for accessing the NNMi console from within HPOM.
The HPE NNMi-HPOM integration provides event consolidation in the HPOM active messages browser for the network management, system management, and application management domains, so that HPOM users can detect and investigate potential network problems.
The primary features of the integration are as follows:
- Automatic incident forwarding from NNMi to the HP Operations agent. Forwarded incidents appear in the HPOM active messages browser.
- Access to the NNMi console from HPOM.
- HPOM users can open the NNMi Incident form in the context of a selected message.
- HPOM users can launch an NNMi view (for example, the Layer 2 Neighbor view) in the context of a selected message and node.
- HPOM users can launch an NNMi tool (for example, status poll) in the context of a selected message and node.
Documentation for this integration can be found using the following links:
|Operations Manager for Windows|
|Network Node Manager i software|
Generated: 6/11/2018 4:39:45 AM