The integration between HPE Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Center and HPE Agile Manager software can give you the information you need to make better business decisions, lower the cost of running both your Agile and traditional development projects, increase collaboration between business and IT, and improve application quality. We will explore how Agile development can be aligned with the basic principles of Poject and Portfolio Management to make sure that IT objectives meet the company's business goals.
Starting from PPM Center version 9.30, the integration between PPM Center and HPE Agile Manager is realized by the solution Agile Open SDK. It includes the following solutions:
- Integrating PPM Center tasks with HPE Agile Manager
The integration between PPM Center tasks and HPE Agile Manager allows project managers, program managers, portfolio managers, and other project stakeholders to have:
- Visibility into real-time status and progress of agile development projects from within PPM Center, without having to log on to HP Agile Manager for details;
- A consolidated view of their tasks and agile development initiatives
The integration allows project managers to map a task under a project to a specific release managed in HPE Agile Manager. Each PPM Center task is associated with a single release in HPE Agile Manager throughout the task life cycle. This is a one-way one-to-one mapping relationship. This association begins when a project manager maps one task to a specific release.
After the mapping relationship is established, the project managers are able to view real-time agile development related charts retrieved from HPE Agile Manager. In addition, project managers can also view the overall release hierarchy information of a specific work package from within PPM Center.
- Integrating PPM Center time sheets with HPE Agile Manager
The integration between PPM Center time sheets and HPE Agile Manager enables end users to import agile effort from HPE Agile Manager into their PPM Center time sheets, freeing them from reporting their time repeatedly and thus ensuring data consistency between different management tools. This integration also ensures information sharing between product development teams and project managers, which facilitates project execution with right decisions.
This integration is a one-way (from HPE Agile Manager to PPM Center) and one-multiple mapping relationship (one time sheet to multiple releases).
- PPM v9.40 HP Solution Integration Guide (see "Integrating PPM Center Tasks with HPE Agile Manager" and "Integrating PPM Center Time Sheets with HPE Agile Manager")
- PPM v9.30 HP Solution Integration Guide (see "Integrating PPM Center Tasks with HP Agile Manager" and "Integrating PPM Center Time Sheets with HP Agile Manager")
- PPM V9.31 Release Notes (see "Integrating PPM Center Time Sheets with HP Agile Manager")
- PPM v9.22 Release Notes (see "Enhancements to the Integration of PPM Center Tasks with HP ALM Releases")
- PPM v9.21 Release Notes (see "Enhanced Agile Manager Integration Plug-in for PPM")
- PPM v9.20 HP Solution Integration Guide (see Chapter 11, Integrating PPM Center tasks with HP Agile Manager)
|Agile Manager on SaaS|
|Project and Portfolio Management Foundation|
Generated: 6/11/2018 4:44:23 AM