HP QuickTest Professional (QTP) enables you to create complex tests that examine the full spectrum of your application's functionality.
In some cases, running these scripts within the context of a load test is required to:
- Measure the end-to-end user experience during a load test
- Run business processes that cannot be scripted using VuGen, but can be scripted using QTP
Performance Center can integrate QuickTest scripts into a load test in the form of GUI Vuser scripts. These scripts, that were designed and debugged in QuickTest, can be used as the basis of your load test.
The main uses of running QuickTest scripts in Performance Center are:
- to check how your application's functionality is affected by heavy load
- to measure the response time that a typical user experiences on the client side while your application is under load (end-to-end response time)
For example, you can add QuickTest scripts to specific points in a Performance Center load test to confirm that the application's functionality is not affected by the extra load at those sensitive points.
Another advantage of using a GUI Vuser script as part of your Performance Center load test is that the GUI Vuser script runs on your screen during the load test, enabling you to watch the actual steps executed by the Vuser in real time.
As mentioned above, using QTP scripts may help when the application is not supported in the Performance Center protocols and can be scripted using QTP.
- HP QTP User Guide (see Chapter 60: HP Performance Testing and Business Service Management Products on page 1757)
|Comments: QTP 11.00 patch953 is required for SSE in PC 11.51 Integration Enablement Pack|
Generated: 6/11/2018 4:43:31 AM