The HP NNMi-HPOM integration supports a "many-to-many" arrangement. Each NNMi management server can forward incidents to multiple HPOM management servers. Likewise, each HPOM management server can receive incidents from multiple NNMi management servers. The integration interprets the unique identifier of an incident to determine the source NNMi management server.
The HP NNMi-HPOM integration consists of the following components:
- HP NNMi-HPOM Integration Module
The HP NNMi-HPOM integration module forwards incidents from NNMi to HPOM. It is installed and configured on the NNMi management server.
- HP Operations Manager Incident Web Service
HPOM uses the HP Operations Manager Incident Web Service (IWS) to receive the incidents that are forwarded from NNMi.
- HPOM applications for contextual access of the NNMi console
HPOM provides applications for accessing forms, views, and tools in the NNMi console. For example, you can open an NNMi incident directly from the HPOM active messages browser. The specific application determines the context in which the NNMi console opens. You need to configure the applications before you can use them.
The HP NNMi-HPOM integration provides event consolidation in the HPOM active messages browser for the network management, system management, and application management domains, so that HPOM users can detect and investigate potential network problems.
The primary features of the integration are as follows:
- Automatic incident forwarding from NNMi to HPOM.
- Forwarded incidents appear in the HPOM active messages browser.
- You can create filters that limit which incidents NNMi forwards.
- Synchronization of Incident updates between NNMi and HPOM as described in the following table:TriggerResult
In HPOM, the message is acknowledged.
In NNMi, the corresponding incident's lifecycle state is set to Closed.
In HPOM, the message is unacknowledged.
In NNMi, the corresponding incident's lifecycle state is set to Registered.
In NNMi, the incident's lifecycle state is set to Closed.
In HPOM, the corresponding message is acknowledged.
In NNMi, the incident's lifecycle state is changed from Closed to any other state.
In HPOM, the corresponding message is unacknowledged.
- Access to the NNMi console from HPOM.
- HPOM users can open the NNMi Incident form in the context of a selected message.
- HPOM users can launch an NNMi view (for example, the Layer 2 Neighbor view) in the context of a selected message and node.
- HPOM users can launch an NNMi tool (for example, status poll) in the context of a selected message and node.
- When HPOM is consolidating NNMi incidents from multiple NNMi management servers, the integration interprets the unique identifier of each incident to access the correct NNMi management server.
Additional documentation for HP Software, as well as this integration, can be found using the following link:
Use the portal to do a name search that will allow you to match up the integration components with their respective manuals. For example, if the integration includes Demand Management, searching for "Demand Management" allows you to see all the relevant guides.
|Network Node Manager i software|
|Operations Manager for Windows|
Generated: 6/11/2018 4:38:57 AM