This solution integrates Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Center project tasks with Service Manager requests for change (RFCs) to allow PPM Center project managers to specify which tasks in a project, if any, automatically create corresponding RFCs in Service Manager. Then PPM Center project managers can track the status of the corresponding RFCs in PPM. As the RFCs are completed in Service Manager, the statuses of the associated PPM Center tasks are automatically set to Complete. If the RFCs are rejected in Service Manager, the associated tasks in PPM are set to Cancelled.
- A project manager creates a task in a PPM Center project, which initiates an operational RFC in Service Manager
- Key information is copied from the task to the RFC (and is updated when the task is modified).
- A Service Manager user works on the RFC, and the PPM Center task is automatically updated to reflect the RFC status.
- The project manager can review the status of the Service Manager RFC as reflected in the PPM Center task.
- Upon completion of the Service Manager RFC, the PPM Center task status is updated to Complete or Cancelled.
Note: This integration does not use the ALM entities and does not require installing the ALM software.
- PPM v9.40 Solution Integration Guide (see "Integrating PPM Center Tasks with HPE Service Manager RFCs")
- PPM v9.30 HP Solution Integration Guide (see "Integrating PPM Center Tasks with HP Service Manager RFCs" on page 396)
- PPM v9.20 HP Solution Integration Guide (see Chapter 8, "Integrating PPM Center Tasks with HP Service Manager RFCs" on page 299)
- PPM v9.10 HP Solution Integration Guide (see Chapter 8)
|Project and Portfolio Management Foundation|
Generated: 6/11/2018 4:38:53 AM