AKA - This integration is also known as MAC Manage Application Change.
With this integration, creating a request in HPE Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Demand Management Module also automatically creates a defect or requirement in the HPE Quality Center (QC) or HPE Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) project to which the PPM Center request type is mapped as part of configuring the integration. For example, a PPM Center request of type Defect could create a defect in a Quality Center or ALM project, whereas a PPM Center request of type RequestForChange (RFC) could create a requirement in a Quality Center or ALM project.
Integrating Project and Portfolio Management with Quality Center tools enables the automatic creation of requirements and defects from requests for changes. This allows users of both applications to participate in the processing of defects, change requests, and release requests in an automatic fashion.
For example, when an IT manager or business liaison enters a change request or creates a release comprising a group of change requests in HPE Project and Portfolio Management Center, this integration causes a requirement to be created in HPE Quality Center. This informs QA personnel that they should begin the QA process. Depending on the type of request for change, the input to Quality Center could be requirements or starting a defect fix process. Mapped fields are then synchronized between Quality Center and Project and Portfolio Management Center to simultaneously synchronize both processes. Upon completion of the QA process, the IT manager or business liaison is notified via the PPM Dashboard and can complete the deployment process.
Documentation for this integration can be found using the following links:
- PPM v9.40 Solution Integration Guide (see "Integrating PPM Center with HPE Quality Center, Using ALM")
- PPM v9.30 HP Solution Integration Guide (see "Integrating PPM Center with HP Quality Center, Using ALM" on page 120)
- PPM v9.20 HP Solution Integration Guide (see Chapter 6, "Integrating PPM Center with HP Quality Center, Using ALM" on page 165)
- PPM v9.10 HP Solution Integration Guide (see Chapter 6, "Integrating PPM Center with HP Quality Center, Using ALM")
- Application Lifecycle Management - PPM 8.00
- HP Managing Application Change guide - PPM 7.50
- HP Project and Portfolio Management Demand Management module support information and reference documentation
|Application Lifecycle Management|
|Project and Portfolio Management Foundation|
Generated: 6/11/2018 4:38:15 AM