HP Systems Insight Manager (SIM) is a management solution for network systems, databases, and applications in heterogeneous IT environments. HPSIM Integration (HPSIMInt) provides a smart link between SIM and Operations Manager for Windows (OM). This integration provides OM policies and tools for monitoring and managing SIM and Insight Management Agents (IM Agents) and enables event forwarding and event acknowledgement between SIM and OM.
HPSIMInt supports the following features:
- ProLiant server system monitoring - Provides policies for IM Agent SNMP traps. These policies generate OM event messages for server hardware problems.
- Event forwarding from SIM - Provides tools to configure forwarding of SIM events to OM message browser. The integration also associates an OM operator action with each SIM event to launch the SIM web interface for further investigation.
- Tool groups - Provides tools to assist in the management of SIM and IM Agent nodes. Tool groups include tools for adding nodes to SIM, executing tools on SIM managed nodes, and launching the SIM web interface and IM Agents System Management page.
- Policy groups - Provides policies for IM Agents SNMP trap interpretation.
- Contextual launch to SIM system page - Enables users to launch the SIM System page from OM messages.
- Web Interface tools - Provides tools to launch the web interface for SIM and the IM Agent.
- OM Agent
Documentation for this integration can be found using the following links:
- HP Insight Integration for HP Operations Manager for Windows Rev3.0
- OMW Integration for HP Systems Insight Manager - Installation and Reference Guide v1.70
|HPE System Insight Manager (HP SIM)|
|Operations Manager for Windows|
Generated: 6/11/2018 4:37:57 AM