This document has not been formally reviewed for accuracy and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
How to move site admin schema and project db from SQL to Oracle or backwards.
1. Move projects by copying from existing projects.
1) Log into Site Administrator.
2) Navigate to the DB Servers tab.
3) Click on <New> and create a new database alias that points to the new database server.
4) Ping the new database alias to confirm that the connection is correct.
5) Navigate to the Projects tab.
6) Create a copy of each of your projects pointing to the newly created DB Alias.
2. Move schema.-> These steps need to involve DBA help.
1) Do a backup of your projects' schemas and site admin's schema.
2) Take the backup schemas and restore them to the target database server.
3) Update the siteadmin.xml file to point to the new database server.
4) Stop and restart the service