This document has not been formally reviewed for accuracy and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
Topics to check the Service Guard Package installation that OML did in the configuration.
1. Checks done by /opt/OV/bin/OpC/utils/ha/ha_mon_oracle
- is the virtual IP active (by checking the output of "ip addr show" command)
- does connectivity to database work (this is done by calling /opt/OV/bin/OpC/install/opc_dflt_lang and checking its return status)
2. Checks done by /opt/OV/bin/OpC/utils/ha/ha_mon_cb
- are ovbbccb and the server instance of ovbbccb running; if needed the server instance of ovbbccb is started
3. Checks done by /opt/OV/bin/OpC/utils/ha/ha_mon_ovserver
- are the following processes running: opcactm, opcmsgm, opcttnsm, opcforwm, opccsad, opcbbcdist, opcdispm, ovoareqsdr, opcmsgrb
> Kill database process
That rather depends on the process, which is killed. If ora_mmnl_openview is killed, for example, it gets restarted by Oracle itself and opc_dflt_lang works fine (before and after ora_mmnl_openview is restarted) and OMU HA monitoring will consider the situation OK. Killing ora_q000_openview will also not cause a problem. But if ora_dbw0_openview gets killed, for example, opc_dflt_lang returns exit code 1 (meaning a problem) and Oracle doesn't attempt any restarts. Please note that killing a database process might also cause an abort of one or more OMU server processes.
> Kill OML process
The following processes are monitored: opcactm, opcmsgm, opcttnsm, opcforwm, opccsad, opcbbcdist, opcdispm, ovoareqsdr, opcmsgrb. Killing any of these could trigger a failover. Killing any other process, opcsvcm for example, will not. But even killing either opcactm, opcmsgm, opcttnsm, opcforwm, opccsad, opcbbcdist, opcdispm, ovoareqsdr or opcmsgrb will most likely not cause a failover after all, as ovcd will most probably detect that the process is not running before the cluster does and will probably try to restart it - by default, ovcd (L-Core component) tries to restart the processes it controls 5 times in they have been running for at least a minute.