This document has not been formally reviewed for accuracy and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
Using the Deployment Manager to install Service Manager
To be able to select the server hosting the Database from the drop-down list when filling in fields for the Service Manager installation wizard, you have to add the Database server to the environment.
Since the ODBC driver can be created using Microsoft SQL Server credentials, this should be an option through the Deployment Manager. Please provide a means of creating the ODBC driver by the Deployment Manager when the login credentials for the server hosting the Database are not available.
1 Log into the Deployment Manager
2. On the Environment tab, select an existing environment
3. Click Add Server
4. You cannot add a Server without the login credentials
5. For this environment, click the HP Service Manager-Installation
6. Take the options to install the simplest installation of SM 9.40
8. Select the servers for the web tier and load balancer
10. In step 4: Database Details, the server for your databse will not be in the list since it cannot be entered into the environment without login credentials, and you cannot write in the name of the server
ENVIRONMENT: (Hardware, OS, OS Version, Browser, etc)
DM version 3 1040
The development team has created QCCR1E120514 to address this, the requirement of login credentials for adding the server host the Database, in a future release of the Deployment Manager.