This document has not been formally reviewed for accuracy and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
Customer is using ALM 11.52 in Citrix 6.5 environment.
He got error message "Share deployment folder is not synchronized with the server. Installation aborted. Contact your system administrator. For details, see the Loader log file." when using both ALM Explorer and IE.
1. Login the Citrix machine using account with Administrator account because the other accounts can only access ALM Explorer. The other accounts (without admin privileges) cannot interact with anything except the ALM explorer.
2. Uninstall ALM Client component as below KM: http://support.microfocus.com/kb/kmdoc.php?id=KM176290 (using Administrator account)
3. Delete registries (using administrator account):
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot\Certificates /f
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot\AutoUpdate /v LastSyncTime /f
4. After performing the above steps, ALM Client now can be installed and run in ALM Explorer using administrator account (before that, even administrator account couldn’t be used). The problem is only user with administrator privileges can do so. Customer does not accept this, he wants users without administrator can login using ALM Explorer as well because he can do that with QC 9.2
5. Checked Deployments.ini file at "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\HP\ALM-Client" and found that SharedDeployment is already set to Y. I have already added RunFromSharedFolder with Y value.
6. Added registry key: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing", "State", "146432", "REG_DWORD"
- Uninstalled ALM client components. http://support.microfocus.com/kb/kmdoc.php?id=KM1400062
- Apart from the registry key mentioned in the KB, look for HKCU -> Software -> Mercury Interactive and remove it
- Installed Client MSI Generator and generated MSI file
- Installed MSI file
- Accessed ALM again with Admin rights and it worked fine.