This document has not been formally reviewed for accuracy and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
After installing Excel add-in for ALM 12, customer is facing the issue as below:
"Could not load some objects because they are not available on this machine."
Next, clicking OK and Excel was able to be opened. However, when customer tried to Export to ALM, at step 5, he got another issue:
"Compile Error in Hidden module: TSFieldMapping”
- Uninstall ALM 12 client, Excel add-in then register component, and install add-in again.
- Unregister and register MSCOMCT2.OCX and mscomctl.ocx in c:\windows\syswow64\
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Right click on the Office 2010 program -> Click on Change -> Add or remove features-> Click on the drop down arrow which is before the Microsoft Office -> Click on Run all from my computer -> Continue.
- Delete this key and all sub key/values below it , then unregister/register MSCOMCtl.OCX
- Delete cache %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Forms and delete file in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART, the issue is gone, but the TDExcelAddin.xla is needed
- Run Fixit tool from Microsoft but no luck
Reproduced with Win 7 32/64 bit, Office 2010 (32 bit), ALM 12, Excel add-in for ALM 12
Install Office 2010 SP1, and then install MS12-060 in order to use Excel Addin: