Archived Content: This information is no longer maintained and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
To diagnose the issue follow this procedure...
- Right click on the "TDTmplt.cab" file, select Properties
- Click the "Digital Signatures" tab.
- Select the signature listed then click "Details"
- At the bottom of the next window under "Countersignatures" select the signature (not that the name of signer is "Verisign")
- Click Details
- Click View Certificate
- Notice on the "Valid from" that the dates are 6/14/20087 to 6/14/2012 (this is expired)
To fix this issue download the file TDTmplt.cab
Stop the ALM service in Windows
Or if using Unix use the shell: ./run.sh stop
Place the "TDTmplt.cab" in the "Install" folder in the 20qcbin.war deployed to JBoss. Typically this will be in the path...
If using WebLogic or Websphere extract the "qcbin.war" using WinZip and place the "TDTmplt.cab" in the "Install" folder.
Then recompress the extracted files into a new "qcbin.war" using WinZip and deploy to WebLogic or Websphere
Then start ALM, the new signed "TDTmplt.cab" will be successfully installed at the client