In HP Application Lifecycle Managment (ALM) the following error could be seen when accessing the Excel Add-in:
" HP ALM Microsoft Excel Add-in Error
A general error has occured: OTA version is not compatible with the Application Lifecycle Management server:
OTA version: 11, OTA build number:7886. Server version:11, server build umber:7274. "
on step 2 of the HP ALM Export Wizard.
Wrong version of HP ALM Excel Add-in is used.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Check and confirm the version of MS Excel is 32 bits either MS Excel 2007 SP2 or MS Excel 2010
2. Run the client uninstall utility and make a full cleanup. You can find the uninstaller on the following page:
3. Go to this location:
and delete the information in that folder. These folders may be deleted by the uninstaller so if there are no files in this folder skip this step. These files will be downloaded again once you log in to ALM.
4. Delete the temporally internet explorer files.
5. Uninstall Excel Add-in from Add/remove programs
6. Download the latest Excel add-in from add-ins page of HP ALM 11 (Build 188.8.131.52)
7. Install the add-in selecting the option "Current user" where client registration is not needed