PlateSpin Migrate 12.x
PlateSpin Protect 11.2
If you intend to install and use the local database server included in your PlateSpin Migrate software distribution (the default option), leave the default selection (local)\PLATESPINDB in the drop-down list and leave the default sa credentials.
If you subsequently move your PlateSpin Migrate database instance or change your SQL Server password, you must reset the PlateSpin Migrate database connection settings.
Prior to modifying the SQL connection information, it is necessary to move the databases to the appropriate location:
1. Pause all current workloads and abort any currently running replications (or wait for them to complete), then stop the PlateSpin Management and PlateSpin Operations Framework Controller services
2. Using the SQL Server 2005 Management Studio or SQL Server 2005 Management Studio Express, detach the following databases:
For Protect 10.0.2 or earlier:
For Protect 10.1 or later:
3. Move the MDF and LDF files to an appropriate location on the new database server. If the new database server has been installed on the same server as PlateSpin Migrate or PlateSpin Protect, it is acceptable to leave the database files in their current location.
4. Using the SQL Server 2005 Management Studio or SQL Server 2005 Management Studio Express, attach the databases to the new instance.
Once the databases have been attached successfully, it is necessary to update the connection string:
5. Run the following file:
..\PlateSpin Migrate Server\bin\PlateSpin.UpdateConnectionString.exe
..\PlateSpin Protect Server\bin\PlateSpin.UpdateConnectionString.exe
with the following switches:
/instance=<database instance name>
For example, the following command will update the instance to one called PLATESPIN, with an SQL user that has DB Owner rights to the newly attached databases:
PlateSpin.UpdateConnectionString.exe /instance=SQL_SERVER\PLATESPIN /username=psowner /password=pspassword
6. Run the following file:
..\PlateSpin Migrate Server\bin\RestartPlateSpinServer\RestartPlateSpinServer.exe
..\PlateSpin Protect Server\bin\RestartPlateSpinServer\RestartPlateSpinServer.exe
The following items are necessary for the above steps to succeed:
1. The user being used to update the connection must be an SQL user with at least DB Owner rights to the appropriate databases.
2. The new instance must have a name that is not the default. An un-named or default instance may cause SQL connectivity issues in PlateSpin Migrate or Protect.