Are there any tips for deciphering -214* error codes?
SecureLogin includes some obscure error codes such as -2147016656. If you receive a -214* error code in the ADS schema extension tool or any part of SecureLogin for that matter, you can perform the following tasks to help make sense of them;
- Open Calculator (in Scientific mode)
- Enter the error code (including the minus ""-"" sign)
- Press the Enter key and you should see the error in the display including the ""minus"" sign.
- Press the Hex radio button on the calculator
- Click the ""And"" button on the calculator
- Type FFFFFFFF (8 Fâs)
- Press Enter.
This will give you the 16 bit number, which is the actual Windows error code.
For example SecureLogin error -2147016656 results in Windows error code 80072030. Check www.google.com to find out it means ""There is no such object on the server"".