PlateSpin Migrate, Protect, or Forge and Windows source servers for Live Transfers.
This article discusses how to change the credentials which are used by the OFX controller service when deployed to a source server involved in a Live Transfer job.
Portabiltiy Suite deploys the PlateSpin Operation Framework Controller Service (OFX Controller) to systems which are used as source servers for conversion jobs. This Controller Service, by default is set to run under the LOCAL SYSTEM account. Some environments that have been locked down may not allow for the LOCAL SYSTEM account to access the network and as such conversion jobs may fail at installing controller on the source or verifying controller connection.
You can manually change the account which is used for the controller by modifying the properties of the PlateSpin Operation Framework Controller Service (log On tab) or you can automatically deploy a controller using different credentials using the solution listed below.
1. Locate the web.config (c:\program files\PlateSpin PowerConvert Server\web\web.config)
2. Locate the lines in the web.config that reads the following.
<add key="OfxControllerCredentials" value="account=administrator;password=password" />
3. Remove the <!-- and --> lines and modify the account and password fields. (The account field accepts either domain credentials (domain\username) or local account name (administrator, for example))
4. Use the following tool to restart the product services so that the changes take affect:
C:\Program Files\PlateSpin Protect Server\bin\RestartPlateSpinServer\RestartPlateSpinServer.exe
* The path above is an example assuming the installation is PlateSpin Protect.
5. Configure your Live Transfer job as desired.