PlateSpin Migrate, PlateSpin Protect, and PlateSpin Forge with Windows source servers using Live Transfer.
When performing a Live Transfer conversion, the job fails with the following error:
Verifying Controller Connection
ControllerConnectionNotEstablished Verifying Controller Connection
Started: 11/24/2006 09:55:56
Some Additional symptoms are as follows:
- Controller cannot heartbeat back to the PowerConvert Server from the source machine, and the active.log file on the source machine reports connection errors.
- Controllers can be installed on other servers in the user environment.
By default, the PlateSpin Operations Framework Controller service runs under the SYSTEM account. In cases where the above error is occurring, this is typically due to the fact that the SYSTEM account on the source machine does not have sufficient privileges to communicate back to the PowerConvert Server over web services. Therefore, all attempts to heartbeat back to the PowerConvert server will fail with the ControllerConnectionNotEstablished error.
To resolve the issue, users will need to do the following:
- Wait until the "PlateSpin Operations Framework Controller service" is installed on the source machine and starts it's attempt to heartbeat back to the PowerConvert server.
- Stop the "PlateSpin Operations Framework Controller service" on the source machine
- Change the "PlateSpin Operations Framework Controller" logon account to an account with administrative privileges on the source machine.
- Restart the "PlateSpin Operations Framework Controller service"
Proxy settings on the source server can affect the communication of the controller with the PlateSpin Server. The controller can be configured to bypass proxy settings.
- Stop the PlateSpin Operations Framework Controller service.
- Delete the active.log located in C:\Program Files\PlateSpin PowerConvert Server\Controller\Eventlog
- Browse to C:\Program Files\PlateSpin PowerConvert Server\Controller\
- Locate the ofxcontroller.exe.config file, open it with a text editor.
- Add the lines below directly above the final tag (in red ) of the configuration file.
usesystemdefault = "false"
- Start the PlateSpin Operations Framework Controller