Applies to: PowerRecon v2.0 and higher
This article outlines how to install the VMware GSX Server VmCOM API on the PowerRecon server. This API is necessary in order to view the Virtual Machines hosted GSX Servers and it must be installed before adding GSX servers to PowerRecon's Inventory. If VMware COM API is not installed on the PowerRecon 2 server the VM's will not be visible
- The VMware GSX Server Windows Client package installer .exe contains the COM API. The Windows client package installer is available on both the GSX Windows and GSX Linux download pages on VMware's website. Contact VMware for more information about obtaining the API installer if you can not download it.
- Another alternative is to download the GSX Server Windows Client Package installer from the login page of the GSX Management UI.
- Another alternative is to access the GSX Server (for Windows) and get the installer from C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Management Interface\htdocs\vmware\bin
- Once the COM API has been obtained, proceed to install it on the PowerRecon server.
- Ensure that the VmCOM API is also installed on the target GSX Server that you are monitoring.
If you have questions about this article please contact PlateSpin Support at firstname.lastname@example.org