This article outlines how to configure Portability Suite to use 100 Mbit or 1000 Mbit Full Duplex settings.
Portability Suite allows the user to force the network adapter of a physical source machine (while under PlateSpin control) to use 100 Mbit Full Duplex. This feature may be required in situations where the hubs/switches in the network environment are set to 100 Mbit Full Duplex and cannot be changed to Auto Negotiation.
- Launch the Portability Suite Client
- In the Server view, drag and drop the source server to the target virtual host. The PlateSpin Conversion screen should be displayed.
- Under Job Configuration, click on "Take Control"
- Ensure that "Custom" is selected under the Source Server section on the left hand pane
- Click on the "Configure" button
- Under the NIC tab, select the Full Duplex Setting you want to use (Auto Negotiate Full Duplex is the default)
- Click on "Ok" to apply the changes and proceed with the conversion